The Monster is alive!

A month and a few pixies ago, a Replicape power user (let's call him Dan here) came up with a new take on a Remote-Direct-Drive extruder system. So far there are two main players offering this. The Zesty Nimble is one, and Flex3drive is the other. Now, don't get me wrong, they're both great depending... Continue Reading →


The Monster Kossel

So I have been really quiet on here for way too long, but there's a number of individually good reasons which, when added up, make me wonder how I didn't drown under the pile of stuff to do... At any rate, I'm back, and I'll try to keep this up to date a bit more... Continue Reading →

Replicape – a year on

Wow time flies. It's been a years since I've become operational with the Replicape. Looking back, I couldn't have made a better decision in terms of what electronics board to get. Let's see, what else has changed? Oh, yes, I've designed new parts for the Kossel, specifically an E3D v6 shroud that holds the original... Continue Reading →

PETG, Fleks3D, Reliability

As I recently finished off a roll of red PLA from ESun, I was looking at getting a new roll of red filament. A friend had tried PETG and swore by the material. So, I decided to give it a go. The results are amazing. First print, 3D Benchy. I was not sure if temperatures... Continue Reading →

Kossel Mini: Upgrades

Ok, so, I'm soon animating a "build your own Kossel Mini" workshop. (It should have been today, but was delayed due to shipments of parts not arriving on time) In anticipation of some of the more hungry power-users in that workshop, I've started making a list of all the upgrades I did since first getting... Continue Reading →

Replicape-powered Kossel Mini

Lo and behold, it's been too long since I last posted. I've now been using the Replicape-powered Kossel Mini for 4-5 months. I've written and updated a lot of documentation on the Replicape's Getting Started guide. It has been the single most reliable advancement I have made on my printer since my first print. For... Continue Reading →

Upgrading the electronics

So as I mentioned in the previous post, my biggest point of failure and quality, was the nozzle. The E3D nozzle fixed so many of the issues I had (i.e. bowden tube breaking out of the collars because of too much back pressure), blobs of plastic on the outside perimeters, strings of PLA between external... Continue Reading →

Upgrading the nozzle

I've had various problems before, and I've posted at length about them, without enough pictures. A lot of the time it was because my printer space was just too darn messy. After months of trials and failures, I've finally figured out what one of the culprits was in my system: the J-Head extruder. Either it... Continue Reading →

Blog at

Up ↑